Thursday, June 2, 2011

National Donut Day


Oh boy, one of my favorite days of the year. I do feel though, that it is a very under observed National day. The first form of the donut can be traced back to Europe, however, the donut is as Americana as it gets. I fortunately live in the land of donuts. Although I haven't confirmed it, I think that there are more donut shops per capita in Santa Cruz County then anywhere else in the world. If you weren't already aware that June 3rd was National Donut Day, don't beet yourself up, most donut shops don't even know that it exists. So go on, get out there and support your local donut shop. Crispy Creme is not a donut shop. For for more on the history of the donut Check out donutdayusa.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am realizing that for me to believe that your art is any sort of sincere art aimed at expressing your true self, all this elephant crap is going to have to go and you are going to have to get down to your real loves. Until I see donut devotional art from you, I'll know you for the sham artist you are, hiding behind tanks and elephants, when what you really want to paint are blueberry donuts.